Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Weaving with Paper

One of the brightest ideas I’ve ever been smart enough to put into practice has been my Background Box, AKA: “BB”.  BB has rescued me more times than I can count:  her coffers are full of sizable scraps left over from previous projects and they have served as great inspiration and starting points when my oft-cantankerous Muse has up and left me for the time being.  She’s a wily witch, that one, and frequently needs to be coaxed back into my playroom.  BB has won her over more times than I can count and I am grateful.  When the well has run dry, I rummage through the box and never fail to find something that gets my creative juices flowing once again.


My good friend BB produced all of the scraps that wound up in the weaving on this card.  And for more information, I am excited to announce that the Summer 2012 issue of Rubber Stamp Madness will be carrying my first published article, tentatively titled “Weaving with Stamped Papers”.  I hope you will pick up a copy and check it out for further details . . .

Cardstock:     Generic Teal, Bazzill White, plus assorted scraps
Stamps:          Mesh brayer, Journey [unknown]
Inks:               Assorted
Emb Powder:   Copper
Dies/Punches:           Butterfly, 1½” Scalloped Square
Dry Embossing:         Corrugator      
Doo Dads:       Gold mini beads, brass paper clip twisted into antennae     

1 comment:

  1. Hi Aunty --

    I'm so impressed! Not only with this gorgeous card you featured today but you've been updating your blog everyday! And with fabulous cardsmith cards. Hopefully by now, you've figured out some of the kinks and it's getting a bit easier? Yes?! Also, muchas congrats on getting your article to print!! Can't wait to read all about it. Extra, extra, read all about it!

    Muchas Love,
    Becky

    ReplyDelete