Continuing on my odyssey with feathers, I opted for a rather bold approach with some cardstock inked with South of the Border colors I discovered in my Scrap Stash. I decided they could stand to be muted a bit so I reached for some vellum . . .
Trouble came for a visit not long thereafter, and this led to Boo Boo Bailout #75. Here’s what happened:
After assembling the card and thinking I was finished, I decided that the label needed some color enhancing. So I dabbed on some yellow chalk ink and proceeded to speed up the drying with my heat gun . . . completely forgetting about the vellum layer lying just below. I remembered quickly enough when it began to warp.
OK, Plan One: take everything apart and start over. Plan Two: fudge. Put glue dots under the bowed places (thankfully, there were few), press to secure and flatten, and then cover topside with punched dots. Worked pretty well!
Cardstock: Marcos Jute, generic printed Vellum, Black scrap
Stamps: Just for Fun Fractured Background, Printworks
Inks: Vivid Straw, Brick, Green, Teal, Raspberry,
Hero Black, Distress Old Paper
Emb Powder: Vippies Transcendence
Dies: Spellbinders Feathers, Framed Tags One,
Verve Flourished Trim, Die-Namics Pinking Edge
Doo Dads: Oval Black eyelet, Black Jute