Monday, July 21, 2014

Serenity

This card uses one of my favorite techniques: smooshing a few ink pads on my craft sheet, spritzing with water, and then laying my stamps on the ink.  Just before stamping, I tapped the Black Soot pad very lightly around a few of the edges for greater contrast.  These lovely feather stamps are clear, so I just fit all of them onto my acrylic block and stamped in one pass . . .


The first impression was lighter than I wanted, so I simply re-dipped the stamps and stamped again . . . not having to fly blind is one of the huge advantages of clear stamps! 

Cardstock:   PaperCut Brown Umber, Marcos Jute, generic Textured
                           White
Stamps:        Cross My Heart Feathers, Hero Newspaper Background,
                            Starving Artistamps “Serenity”
Inks:               Memories Soft Brown, Distress Black Soot, Vintage Photo,
                            Faded Jeans
Emb Powder:  Stampendous Shabby White
Dies:              Impression Obsession Flags
Doo Dads:    Jute twine

No comments:

Post a Comment