Thursday, July 31, 2014


Continuing on my odyssey with feathers, I opted for a rather bold approach with some cardstock inked with South of the Border colors I discovered in my Scrap Stash.  I decided they could stand to be muted a bit so I reached for some vellum . . .

Trouble came for a visit not long thereafter, and this led to Boo Boo Bailout #75.  Here’s what happened:

After assembling the card and thinking I was finished, I decided that the label needed some color enhancing.  So I dabbed on some yellow chalk ink and proceeded to speed up the drying with my heat gun . . . completely forgetting about the vellum layer lying just below.   I remembered quickly enough when it began to warp.


OK, Plan One: take everything apart and start over.  Plan Two:  fudge.  Put glue dots under the bowed places (thankfully, there were few), press to secure and flatten, and then cover topside with punched dots.  Worked pretty well!

Cardstock:   Marcos Jute, generic printed Vellum, Black scrap       
Stamps:        Just for Fun Fractured Background, Printworks
Inks:               Vivid Straw, Brick, Green, Teal, Raspberry,
                          Hero Black, Distress Old Paper
Emb Powder:  Vippies Transcendence
Dies:              Spellbinders Feathers, Framed Tags One,
                            Verve Flourished Trim, Die-Namics Pinking Edge
Doo Dads:    Oval Black eyelet, Black Jute       

No comments:

Post a Comment