Monday, March 19, 2012

Berry Tree Thank You

May the heavens bless the genius who invented spray inks and the wonderful misters used to apply them.  As with snowflakes, no two backgrounds ever come out alike, which keeps the interest level elevated when mass producing a design.  If you’re using dye inks, you can flick some water from a soggy paintbrush over the background and entirely new artistic possibilities will emerge.


My upscale spray booth is a three-sided cardboard box with a designer label:  it says “Bush’s Baked Beans” right there on the side, and it does the job perfectly.  When this box dies from a case of Terminal Warp, I’ll go shopping in the same dumpster that provided me with the original box.  Then I’ll head for The Creative Corner in Glen Spey NY and buy another stamp with the money I saved . . .

Cardstock:         Light Brown Bazzill
Stamps:             Wendy Vecchi’s Berry Tree, Silver Crow’s Thank You
Inks:                   Adirondack Denim, Stream, & Eggplant Color Washes, ColorBox Frost White,
               edged w/Distress Brushed Corduroy
Emb Powder:    Judikins Opaque White 
Dies/Punches:   Scalloped ¾ x 1 ¼ rectangle punch
Doo Dads:          Antique Brass brads, Taupe upholstery trim*       

* Perhaps this stuff is way too thick for a card, but the color matched and I’m a texture freak.  I’d probably glue tree bark and pebbles to my cards if I could find a way to make them stick . . . and not have any problems at the P.O.









No comments:

Post a Comment