Sunday, March 18, 2012

Thinking of You

While I loved the silky textures on the pale Washi papers that my friend Carol recently gifted me with, I wondered what could be done with the colors, as I am generally not a pastel person.  So, Direct-To-Paper to the rescue!  After smudging away with various colors, I spritzed with my Perfect Pearls and water mister (a la Jennifer McGuire!) and used the heat gun to speed up the drying.  The result is a still-textured piece of background paper with a lovely shimmer that the camera doesn’t pick up.  You'll just have to trust me on this.  Next time, I’ll try this with Distress inks so that I can have even more fun with color migration.


Double-layered flying creatures really make a lovely statement . . . the secret to their success is to cram a teensy weensy piece of glue-backed foam under the wings and right next to the body.  Do this for both layers and the wings will truly survive their imprisonment in an envelope along with whatever the post office does to them.

Cardstock:     Oyster Bazzill, Plain Washi paper, Printed Washi Paper, re-purposed Gold paper  shopping bag (great color and weight, and the price was right!)
Stamps:        “Thinking of you” & “Get Well Soon” [unknown]
Inks:                EK Success American Girl Pink, Salmon, Yellow, Green, Purple, ColorBox Gold, Gold mister (Perfect Pearls and water), Gold marker
Emb Powder:   Ranger’s Gold
Dies/Punches: Butterfly, Cheery Lynn Large Window Frame, Spellbinders Large Label
Doo Dads:       Gold sticker dots, Gold pearls

1 comment:

  1. Simply Stunning! Love how the background turned out! xo

    ReplyDelete