Thursday, April 25, 2019

Thank You


Our local power company ran a contest in their newsletter and on a whim, I decided to enter.  It paid off:  I won a $50 gift card!  When I went to pick it up, the employees were as happy as I was and it made the whole event even more fun. 

My Thank You card features birds gathered on a power line . . . appropriate, yes?


This turned out to be one of the rubber-free cards that occasionally emerge from my worktable;  it features no stamping - just a lot of die cuts in cheerful colors and an embossing folder to add texture to the background.  Time was spent on sticking tiny window bits back into their openings with needle-nose tweezers.  I wanted the homes to look as if the power was on, so the windows are yellow or white.  It never hurts to remind a power company of how much we need their services . . .

Cardstock:   Marcos Jute, Scrap White, Green, Blue Yellow  
Dies:            AliExpress Bird in the Bole, Impression Obsession
                     Town Builder, Tim Holtz Tree Line, We-Buys Curves,
                     Spellbinders Celebration: “Thank you”              
Emb Folder: Taylored Expressions Weathered

No comments:

Post a Comment