Monday, April 22, 2019

I Am the Way


Time was getting short and I wanted to use this image of the empty tomb, as it speaks so eloquently of the foundation of our faith . . .


However, there was no time to individually color the stones, so I opted for a smooshed and mottled background that I hoped would give the same aged impression.  The folded napkin was inked with a white marker in order to emphasize its traditional significance:  when one leaves a folded napkin at table after a meal, it means that they intend to come back.  

Blessed be our Lord and Savior who suffered so that we might have eternal life in His presence . . .

To all who celebrate, I wish you a wonderfully blessed Easter . . .

Cardstock:   Papers by Catherine White, Strathmore #90 Watercolor
                     paper          
Stamps:       Purple Daisy Empty Tomb, Stamp Magic “I am the Way…”
Inks:             Hero Black, Distress Pumice Stone, Picked Raspberry,
                     Twisted Citron, Uni Posca paint marker White
Dies:            Spellbinders A2 Distressed Edges                      

No comments:

Post a Comment