Thursday, April 11, 2019

Praying for You


My latest writing assignment for the Fall 2019 issue of RubberStampMadness magazine involved putting together a homemade wreath builder template.  It was easy to do and I had a wonderful time stamping a wreath that actually turned out round and with images that were properly spaced . . .


The stamp set I used has matching dies which bailed me out of a color scheme that didn't work.  Frankly, the dark brown I used on the flowers was flat out ugly, so I die cut the flower shapes instead and positioned them right over their stamped counterparts.   The "Praying for You" sentiment in the center of the wreath doesn't show up very well, but IRL, it does.

As the card corners looked a little naked and forlorn, I die cut some lacy corners out of the same cardstock as the card and glued them down.  I love to do that when I need some texture that doesn't compete with the focal point.

Cardstock:   Bazzill Leapfrog, Strathmore Ultimate White     
Stamps:       Verve Poppy Birthday, Praying for You
Inks:             Distress Tattered Rose, Worn Lipstick, Twisted Citron,
                     Mowed Lawn, Bundled Sage, Memento Cottage Ivy
Emb Powder:   Sweet Stamps Fine Detail White
Dies:            Lychee Flower “Stitched Circles”, Prickley Pear
                     Poinsettia 2 Holiday, Cheery Lynn Lace Corner Deco B
Doo Dads:    Wink of Stella Clear, Past Time Stamps Multi Fine
                     Glitter, pearls      

No comments:

Post a Comment