Thursday, April 4, 2019

Seas the Day!


In a fanciful moment, the Marbled Turnabout image I used for the background here suggested swirling water to me, so I decided to make a beach-themed card for a dear friend who grew up on the Jersey shore . . .


I decided to try a random sprinkling of embossing powder for some added glimmer and I chose my favorite Gold powder from Ranger.  It comes out textured, even when used sparingly, and I love the effect.  I took the merest pinch of powder and dusted it over the background. 

As I didn't use any ink to hold the embossing powder to the cardstock, I heated it from beneath.  I'm sure the camera doesn't pick it up, but the final effect is like looking at glimmering grains of sand as seen through swirling shallow water.  It was a result I never expected and I'm delighted to have stumbled onto it!

Cardstock:   Bazzill Fawn, Smoky, Strathmore Ultimate White         
Stamps:       Concord & 9th Marbled Turnabout, Impress “Seas the Day”
Inks:             Memories Soft Wheat, Soft Stone, Hero Soft Brown,
                     ColorBox Dune, Frost White
Emb Powder:   Ranger Gold, Judikins White Diamond
Dies:            Spellbinders A2 Distressed Edges, Memory Box Delicate
                     Sea Fan, Love Nicole Scalloped Shell, Nautilus Shell,
                      DieNamics Basic Stitch Lines, Creative Expressions
                     Embroidered Elements, Arich “Rounded Corners
                     Stitched Rectangles”            




No comments:

Post a Comment