Thursday, August 1, 2019

The Best


It's New Jersey State Fair time again, dear Readers, and that means the first eight posts in September will be given over to the eight cards I submitted, win or lose.  Because of a crippling time crunch that just won't stop no matter how hard I am chipping away at it, I'm submitting entries from my card stash, collected over many past sessions of workin' the rubber.  Cards I have never sent but have enjoyed making have been pulled out of the box, edited with fresh new looks, and submitted with fingers crossed.  So stay tuned for further information in September!

Meanwhile, today's post showcases my middle brother's birthday card .  As Don lives by the ocean, a sea-themed card seemed a good choice for him . . .


I've used intense glitter on this card and I do hope at least some of it gets picked up by the camera.

Friends of mine love the ocean and are always bringing back various wonders they have discovered on their many nautical journeys.  One of their most unusual finds were fish scales, which is what the three largest "bubbles" are on this card.  They are translucent with an extraordinary design in the center that looks almost like an imbedded fossil.  Normally convex in shape, I weighted them down after wetting them.  Once dry, they stayed flat.

I don't know what else I can do with these, but I was given a bag full of them and will certainly enjoy figuring it out . . .

Cardstock:   Bazzill Light Denim, Strathmore #90 Watercolor paper,
                     Acetate                 
Stamps:       Stamp Zia Grass, Fred Mullett Boarfish  
Brayer:         Fiskars Mesh
Inks:             Ancient Page Lavender, Foxglove, Pine, ColorBox Silver,
                     Stamp Zia Spray Jewels Blue, Green, Purple
Emb Pwdr:   Delafield Silver
Dies:            Spellbinders Classic Squares Large                             
Doo Dads:    Fish scales, Metallix Moondust
MSG:            Stampin Up "Birthdays are the Best Silver emb          

No comments:

Post a Comment