Thursday, May 2, 2019

The Happiest


When I realized that Copic's markers and their blending solution dissolve heat embossed images, I tried an idea I'd read about:


Using the MISTI, I stamped the flowers in a light colored ink and left the stamp attached to the lid.  After coloring in the flowers and making sure they were dry, I then replaced the cardstock in the Misti, inked the stamp in gold and stamped over the colored image.  After dusting with Ranger's gold powder, I then heat embossed the image.

I still need lots of coloring practice, but 'm delighted with this work-around for the difficulties that Copics have with heat embossed images.  How I love my MISTI!   

Cardstock:   Strathmore Ultimate White
Stamps:       Pinkfresh Bloom, Simon Says Sketchy Banner Greetings,
                     Impression Obsession Ink Splatter
Inks:             ColorBox Gold, VersaMark
Colorants:    Copic R05 Salmon Red, R83 Rose Mist, YG67 Moss,
                     YG03 Yellow Green, Gelatos Green, Blood Orange
Emb Powder:   Ranger Gold, Stampendous Shabby White
Dies:            Pinkfresh Bloom, Simon Says Banner Greetings                     
Stencil:        The Crafters Workshop Mini Tile Texture
Doo Dads:    Faber Castell Embossing Paste Pearl    


No comments:

Post a Comment