Thursday, May 30, 2019

Moments


As my dear friend Sandy is into all things African, I always have fun diving into my stash of African images on her birthday every year.
 

The African woman is dancing over a light-filled background that has been stenciled with the help of a new toy which happily replaces my palette knife.  Ranger makes a flexible tool called the "Gel Plate Squeegee" that will spread your embossing paste in pretty much one pass.  Shriek Pink in color, it costs a little over a buck, unlike the new Stencil Pal which sells for about $5.   At over 5" in length, I deemed the Pal too big to use comfortably and have been perfectly happy with my 3.75" Squeegee which covers nearly all of my stencils easily.

The gold nailhead embellishments on the woman's dress are taken from a nail art kit I picked up in the dollar store.  They're tiny but are just the right size for this use.  A dab of glue and my needle-nose tweezers, and voila!  A very pretty trim for her dress . . .

Cardstock:   Papers by Catherine White, Bazzill Raven, Unknown
                     Mustard, Concord & 9th Neutral Glitters: Gold
Stamps:       Postmodern Swirly Girl
Inks:             Gina K Amalgam
Colorants:    Gansai Tambi watercolor Gold
Dies:            Tim Holtz Pondering Words: “Moments”, Hero            
                     Small Tag Frame                  
Stencil:        A Colorful Life Wavy Dashes
Doo Dads:    Stampin’ Around Gold Dust, Delta Texture Magic White,
                     Golden Pear, Nail Art embellishments Gold nailheads        

No comments:

Post a Comment