Thursday, May 16, 2019

Happiest


For some inexplicable reason, I had a devil of a time with this card . . .


I used designer paper because I absolutely loved the colors and the pattern.  But I had trouble with the other elements.  After four attempts, one of which lived for twenty minutes in the waste basket, I fished it out and tried once more. 

The dies for the flower head and leaf elements actually have matching stamps, but the added color and detail on the mustard pieces didn't work against the busy background.  So I turned to texture for the rescue:  used on plain cardstock with no added stamping, I think this project finally got pulled together.  I hope.  What do you think?

Cardstock:   Papers by Catherine Ivory, Bazzill Jade, Unknown
                     Designer Paper            
Stamps:       Papertrey Ink Tropics: “Happiest Birthday Wishes”
Inks:             Distress Pine Needles, ColorBox Cream White
Emb Powder:   Stamp ‘n Stuff Ivory Pearl
Dies:            Dynamics Wonky Stitch Rectangle, Papertrey Ink
                     Tropics, Tim Holtz Labels                      
Emb Folder: Tim Holtz Damask
Doo Dads:    VIVA Pearl Pen Cream      


No comments:

Post a Comment