Monday, May 17, 2021

Dream

Am in an experimental mood of late and this card shows two ideas I tried - one with chalk and the other with a thin foam craft material called "Foamiran" . . .

Having never tried using white chalk over black cardstock, I gave it a go and really like the misty results.  I started applying the chalk with the traditional foam tools made by Sofft but switched to the Life-Changing brushes which made the job easier and faster.  For other projects, I do like the Sofft tools for their precision sizes which make shading in small areas a lot easier.

My second experiment involves a thin foam product called "Foamiran" which I used for the die cut flower.  I want to see how it holds up when being mailed.  I used die inks on the petals and when I used my heat gun to speed up the drying, the petals curved upward and the flower became quite lifelike.  The curve also seems permanent.  I can't wait to mail this to my friend Carol who will let me know if the curved petals kept their shape or not.  Fingers crossed!

 

Cardstock:   Strathmore Pastelle White, Nicole Licorice        

Inks:             Ancient Page Lavender, Foxglove, Saffron

Colorants:    PanPastel Titanium White

Dies:            DieNamics Prima Donna Petals, Memory Box Stitched

                     Rectangle Trimmings, Reverse Confetti Wild Words Set:

                     Dream  

Stencil:        Hero Leaf and Flourish

Doo Dads:    Foamiran White, USArtQuest Crystal Effects, Schmincke

                      Dry Gouache Silver      

No comments:

Post a Comment