Thursday, November 12, 2020

Journey

This is for my dear friend and stamping buddy Carol and I'm really pleased with how it turned out!  It might be on the very short list of cards I've made that I actually love . . .

Tim Holtz's new Leaf Print started things off - I die cut the images into the background layer and then overstamped it with my new favorite background:  Technique Junkies Travel Documents.  I didn't press very hard as I wanted the appearance of texture more than I wanted clarity.  Postoids were added into a few open spaces, the edges were sponged for contrast, and I then finished with some black gesso spatters.

I had fun with dried dye powders for the underlying layer.  The die cut layer was then propped up with foam tape in order to make the leaf shapes more prominent.  Kudos to the new slimline format for giving us extra space to play with!

PS:  To avoid any unfortunate misunderstanding, the "Lefties Rule" postoid is not a political statement.  Rather, it refers to being left-handed, which both Carol and I are!

 

Cardstock:   Marcos Jute, Strathmore Bristol Vellum  

Stamps:       Technique Junkies Travel Documents, Renaissance

                     New York postoid, Rubber Baby Lefties Rule postoid,

                     Rubber Trouble London postoid, Hero December Mark,

                     Unknown Journey

Inks:             Gina K Amalgam Black

Colorants:    Lindy’s Stamp Gang Magicals Hag’s Wart Orange,

                     Rudolph’s Nose Red, Yellow Rose of Texas

Dies:            Pink Fresh Slim Stitched Rectangles, Tim Holtz 

                    Leaf Print                 

Doo Dads:    Studio Gesso Black

No comments:

Post a Comment