Monday, November 2, 2020

Happy Birthday

There's a happy discovery I made with this layout and I am crossing fingers that the camera will pick up on it so you can see what I'm talking about . . .


 There are lots of times when I want to use glitter in a minimal way and that can be  tricky to do.  But I got lucky with this card.  The secret?  I used spray adhesive to fasten the open-work die cut panel to a solid backing.  Spray adhesive lands everywhere - even on the inner edges of a die cut panel.  So, after attaching it to the solid backing, I scattered glitter all over the front, pressed down to adhere, and brushed off the excess.

Voila!  Most of the die cut edges have the merest edging of glitter which makes the card front shimmer in such a beautiful way.  I hope you can see it . . .

 FYI:  the white butterfly folder opens up to show the words "Happy Birthday".

 Cardstock:   Bazzill White, Neenah Desert Storm, Coventry Rag

                     #140 White, Stampin' Up Vellum        

Inks:             Hero Pool, Stone Wash

Dies:            Troyal Room Happy Birthday Butterfly and text, Tonic

                     Budding Vine, Memory Box Cascadia Butterfly Trio,

                     Isabella Butterfly & Butterfly Wreath (butterfly bodies)

Doo Dads:    Sparkle & Sprinkle Fantasy Gold 

No comments:

Post a Comment