Thursday, November 5, 2020

It's Your Day

Susi is my exceedingly dear and lifelong friend - a true sister of the heart.  As we're on opposite coasts, I remain everlastingly grateful for email so that we can stay in touch.  She is enamored of dragonflies, so I always have extra fun making her birthday card because I think they're beautiful too . . .


I thought it would be fun to reverse the usual color scheme by putting blues and purples on the background and keeping the dragonflies a mystical white.  The crackle paste picked up the colors nicely and the camera even showed some of the glitter.  All in all, I'm rather pleased with how this one turned out . . . I hope you like it too!

 

Cardstock:   Stedner Bright White, Strathmore #110 Bristol     

Stamps:       Hampton Text Borders, Stampin’ Up “It’s your day”

Inks:             Hero Cup O Joe, Distress Stain Chipped Sapphire,

                     Dusty Concord

Emb Pwdr:  Vippies Transcendence

Dies:            Fyore “Stitched Stamp-edged Rectangles”, Love, Nicole

                     Dragonfly, Frantic Stamper Dragonfly Pair, Cottage Cutz,

                     Nested Stitched Scallop Square Set              

Stencil:        Dina Wakely Jungle

Doo Dads:    Studio 490 Embossing Paste White, Inkssentials Enamel Accents White   

No comments:

Post a Comment