Monday, November 23, 2020

Pumpkin

After three days of struggle with a neat layout idea that I thought would work, it was time to admit that the stars were not aligned and I needed to start over again . . .


 . . . so I did.  My one trick to pass along to you is about getting an intricate die cut like the pumpkin to take the ink and then the embossing powder evenly.  My first attempts to ink the pumpkin prior to embossing left a lot of un-inked areas due to the uneven surface of the Bristol cardstock.  So I used a lovely liquid metallic colorant to first paint the pumpkin a lovely brass/gold color.  I then inked the pumpkin with a brayer and gold ink, and then scattered on the embossing powder.  Because of the gold paint, any areas that were missed will never be noticed.

 

Cardstock:   Unknown Burgundy, Marcos Jute, Strathmore #100 Bristol            

Stamps:       Technique Junkies Travel Documents, Impression

                     Obsession “Pumpkin”, Purple Daisy Sand

Inks:             ColorBox Gold, Distress Brushed Corduroy

Colorants:    Jacquard Pinata Brass

Emb Pwdr:  Ranger Gold, WOW Gold Rich Ultra High

Dies:            Cottage Cutz Filigree Pumpkin, Bo Bunny Nested Terrific

                     Tags, Gina Marie Stitched Rounded Squares               

Doo Dads:    Gold fiber, Pilot Marker Gold          

No comments:

Post a Comment