Monday, April 13, 2020

Thank You


In these Coronavirus-affected times, my favorite local restaurant is struggling to make ends meet by doing curbside service and takeout.  My favorite order includes an absolutely decadent flourless chocolate cake and last week, they gifted me with an extra piece!

It is the small but meaningful gestures that people make when they give of their substance that really help us get through difficult situations.  Their kind gesture was worth the best Thank You card I could come up with , so I tried out a new accordion fold die . . .

Here's the card collapsed for mailing:


 . . . and opened out:


Elizabeth Craft has come up with a series of Karen Burniston accordion folded card designs and this was my first attempt at making one.  You Tube has several short videos that give excellent instructions on putting these together.  There are endless ways to embellish the panels and you'll come up with lots of neat ideas as you go along.  The process was easy and much faster than I expected.

For anyone who may be a little hesitant to do paper crafting, may I assure you that this design came together perfectly!  I am not skilled at this sort of construction but it is so well designed that even I emerged victorious!  Give it a try - it was a lot of fun to make . . .
           


Cardstock:   Nicole #100 Bristol Smooth. Generic Red, Green, Yellow,
                     pre-printed  Designer paper        
Dies:            Elizabeth Craft Katie Label Accordion, Spellbinders
                     Celebration set: “Thank you”, Punch Bunch Flowers,
                     Rambling Poppies                       
Emb Fldr:    Taylored Expressions Weathered
Doo Dads:   Wink of Stella Clear           


No comments:

Post a Comment