Monday, September 4, 2017

Soar, Play, Discover

It's North New Jersey Fair Time again, folks!  And, immodestly speaking, it's also Crowing Time, as I picked up a few ribbons along the way.  There were eight themes we could submit for, and I did one card for each theme.  Happily, I scored with all of them!  I'll be sharing them with you over the next four weeks.  Meanwhile, here's a picture of me with my lovely new ribbons for 2017:


So let's get started:
Distressed edges and smooshed backgrounds:  these are two of my favorite techniques . . .


For this particular smooshing session, I started with really wet watercolor paper, dusted on some dried die ink powders, re-misted, and then pressed down with an acrylic block to push the color around a little.

In all truth, I love just about every technique I've tried.  Our glorious hobby is enjoyed by many thousands of highly creative artists who love to share what they've learned during their crafting times at the worktable.  And the rest of us get to benefit and see our art improve as a result.  We are fortunate indeed . . .

Cardstock:   Bazzill Cutie, Crimson, The Paper Cut Watercolor paper 
Stamps:        Starving Artistamps Positive Words: “Soar”, “Play”,
                           “Discover”
Inks:               Ancient Page Cardinal
Colorants:    Ken Oliver Color Burst Alizarin Crimson, Orange
Emb Powder:   WOW Clear Matte Dull
Dies:              Memory Box Fresh Daisies, Joy Butterflies

No comments:

Post a Comment