Thursday, August 31, 2017

A Little Birdie Told Me

Couldn't resist . . . had to make just one more Bird Crazy card before starting to work on some handmade Christmas presents . . .


One of the things I love most about stamping is that there's usually a means to wiggle your way out of almost every fluff up.  Take the ground that the bird is standing on.  I'd tried using darker ink to create a shadow around her feet, but it didn't look right.  I'd already glued her down so there was no way I could safely pry up such skinny, delicate legs and feet.  So I took a free form scrap of cardstock and placed it under the feet and legs of the die and ran it through my machine. I poked out the feet and kept the mortise.

Voila!  Ground!  I embossed the scrap with Distress Walnut Stain powder as it has a perfect matte finish, applied glue to the back and pressed it down around the bird's feet. Clever workaround if I do say so myself . . .

Cardstock:   Bazzill Cheddar, Strathmore Bristol         
Stamps:        Tim Holtz Bird Crazy, Crazy Things, Crazy Talk, Amuse
                           Script Background
Inks:               VersaFine Vintage Sepia, Distress Pine Needles, Broken
                           China, Tumbled Glass, Walnut Stain
Emb Powder:   Distress Walnut Stain
Dies:              Tim Holtz Bird Crazy, Crazy Things, Spellbinders 
                          A2 Distressed Edges

No comments:

Post a Comment