Monday, March 13, 2017

Thinking of You

This was one of those cards that simply refused to come together.  I struggled with it over a three day period . . .


The solution was what is usually is when I just can't make it work:  change the color scheme!  I started with a card front that had a completely orchid background as I am usually happy with a monochromatic look.  The brocade strip along the fold was even stamped on the same orchid color.  But the whole effect was just lurid.  So I added the white panel, re-stamped the brocade border on white, and things improved immediately.

It'll never be my favorite card, but at least I can send it to someone I love without wanting to hurl . . .

Cardstock:   American Crafts Brights, Bazzill Black, Generic scraps Black
Stamps:       Renaissance Brocade Border, Too Much Fun Thinking of you
Inks:            Hero Black, VersaMark, ColorBox Black, Wink of Stella Black
Emb Powder:   Judikins Detail Black
Dies:            Spellbinders Wonderful Wings, Memory Box Darla (butterfly
                       body), Simon Says Wavy Scallop Stitches, Impression
                       Obsession Plane with Banner, We-Buys Cute
                       Chrysanthemum Set (bugs)
Doo Dads:    Studio Gesso Black, Metalix Glitter Moondust,
                       1/8” ribbon Black

No comments:

Post a Comment