Thursday, March 9, 2017

Chrysanthemum

This card is going to a dear friend who absolutely loves chrysanthemums . . .


After having lots of mottled fun with a single dried dye ink powder on watercolor paper, I die cut the chrysanthemum spray.  This is an intricate die with each and every petal cut out.  The masochist in me decided it would be fun to glue them all back in place, so about an hour later, I was done.  But the mottled Raspberry coloration obscured the lines of the petals and I was left with indistinct pink blobs.  Clearly, some sort of rescue was in order.

So I die cut a second chrysanthemum, tapped out the petals, and glued just the outline over the first one.  It worked!  Now if the camera will just back me up with a good shot, I'll be a happy stamper indeed . . .

Cardstock:   Stedman Bright White, American Crafts Brights
Stamps:       Great Impressions Flower Names Background:
                       “Chrysanthemum”
Inks:            ColorBox Black, Wink of Stella Clear, Black
Emb Powder:   Judikins Detail Black
Colorants:    Nuance Raspberry
Dies:            Simon Says Wavy Scallop Stitches, We-Buys Cute
                       Chrysanthemum, DieNamics Basic Stitch Lines
Doo Dads:    Punch Bunch Tiny Flower, Studio Gesso Black

No comments:

Post a Comment