Thursday, June 4, 2015

Thinking of You

This is actually a Sympathy card . . .


 . . . when is there a better time to say  "I'm thinking of you"?

White on White is a current trend and I hope it lasts forever.  The Clean and Simple style is one I really admire, but sometimes it seems too bare to me.  I want something with a little more textural interest added to the mix.  My frequent solution is to die cut a frame from another piece of the same cardstock I've used for the background, run it through an embossing folder and layer it over the card front.  The result is added texture, yet still with a Clean and Simple feel . . . works for me!

Cardstock:   Generic Watercolor paper
Stamps:        Hero Newspaper Tulips, Stamp Pad “Thinking of you”
Inks:               Distress Spun Sugar, Tattered Rose, Worn Lipstick,
                           ColorBox Cream White
Emb Powder:   Stampendous Ivory Pearl, Shabby White
Dies:              Spellbinders Petite Ovals Small, Curved Matting
                           Basics A, Tim Holtz Tattered Banners
Impression Plate:   Cheery Lynn Burble
Doo Dads:    1/8” Cream ribbon


No comments:

Post a Comment