Monday, July 22, 2013

Your Special Day

Scraps, Leftovers, Recycled, and the timeless wisdom of “Waste-Not-Want-Not”:  all good!  Today’s card is made almost entirely from the leftovers of one of the six cards I’m submitting to the NJ State Fair next month.  Whether I win any ribbons or not, I’ll be posting the cards in mid-August after the Fair.  Meanwhile, you can view this card as a sort of Sneak Peak . . .


Lately, I’ve been having fun challenging myself with putting the scraps to use right after finishing up a project.  After all, the coordinating materials are still on my desk, so what can I do with the the leftovers to create something at least a little different?   Check out my blog on August 19th for a look at the original . . .

Cardstock:                     Bazzill Bon Bon, Generic Watercolor paper, textured cardstock
Stamps:                          Hero Old Letter Writing, Your Special Day, Oogala “Sending Love”
Inks:                                Distress Fired Brick, Brushed Corduroy (pad and marker)                   
Emb Powder:                Vippie Transcendence
Dies/Punches:               Spellbinders Classic Rectangle, EK Success Arrows,
                                           Scalloped Corner, 5/8” Circle

No comments:

Post a Comment