Thursday, July 25, 2013

Hello Sunshine

I don’t know what it is about stamped images of little houses that fascinates me so much but I find them irresistible.  I have several sets of them and should probably do a mini-series on "Neighborhoods I Have Never Known But Loved Nonetheless."  Meanwhile, this layout was probably inspired by images of brightly-colored African or Caribbean homes that make me happy just to think about them, let alone see them . . .


There was a fair amount of trouble in getting this card together:  it just wasn’t happening.  So I put it aside and began a long overdue all-out swatching frenzy of my ink pad collection.  As it numbers around 600 pads (I am a creature of some excess), this was no small task.  It took me five days and I can probably say that I am truly the better person for it.  I will re-visit this inkpad topic again in future:  the creative ramifications of this adventure are vast and I would like to share at least a few of them. 

Currently, suffice it to say that for this card, once I dumped all the rules of conventional perspective, it happened.  The results are very simple, whimsical, and quite cheerful – exactly what I was after . . .
Cardstock:       Generic textured Yellow, Beckett Iceberg
Stamps:             Houses and text from Hero Homey Patterns, Rubber Baby
                               Buggy Bumpers Stone Wall
Inks:                   ColorBox Black                                                             
Markers/Pencils: Memento Dandelion, Tombow #57, Marvy Black, #51,
                               Zig Shangri-La, Buttercup, Hyacinth, Pure Yellow, Baby Blue,
                                Spring Green, Sakura Glaze Black, Crayola pencil Metallic Silver
Emb Powder:  Judikins Detail Black  
Punches:           Fiskars Clouds in two sizes     
Doo Dads:        deckle-edged scissors

No comments:

Post a Comment