Monday, January 1, 2024

Thank You

When my wonderful college roommate surprised me with a handmade quilted potholder at Christmas, I had fun making another Thank You card . . .

 


 I tried an idea I’d seen on another blog:  spray a piece of watercolor cardstock with three different colors, heat dry, and then die cut with an intricate background.  I chose a framed leafy design for this layout.  To get the best results, do the same thing you do when smooshing with several colors:  heat dry between each layer.  This provides the best opportunity for artsy droplets and other textural effects.  

I’m imagining all sorts of color combinations for this quick and easy technique and as I’ve got an overload of color sprays in my stash, I think I’ll move the entire collection to my work table and get to work play!                                                                                                                                                        

Cardstock:   Bazzill Ivy, Strathmore #140 Watercolor

Colorants:    Stamp Zia Color Wash: Blue Topaz, Emerald, Obsidian,

Adirondack Color Wash: Lettuce, Winsor & Newton

Gouache Zinc White

Dies:            TEMU Leafy Frame, Memory Box Butterflies

Kaleidoscope, Moonlight, Tattered Lace Everyday

Sentiments Thank, TK Online Celebration Set: You             

Doo Dads:    USArtQuest Crystal Effects: Opal Essence, Viva Pearl

                      Pen Ice White, Gelly Roll Clear Star        

No comments:

Post a Comment