Monday, November 6, 2023

Beacon Village

My friend Noela recently moved to the historic and very charming town of Beacon, NY and I thought an equally charming card was in order for her . . .


The adorable houses have simple shapes so it was easy to cut out masks in order to stamp the trees “behind” the buildings.  I think the grassy background is a little too high, so the next time I use this image, I’ll bring it down a notch.  The bird was an afterthought and I believe he adds just the right touch . . .

Cardstock    Bazzill Raven, Strathmore #100 Bristol Smooth

Stamps:       Stampscapes Prickly Branches, Just For Fun Collaged

Row Houses

Inks:             Superior India Ink Black

Colorants:    Zig Clean Color Deep Red, Bright Yellow, Yellow,

Mid Green, Green Grey, Olive Green, Deep Green,

Shadow Mauve, Light Blue, Persian Blue, Brick Beige,

Deep Brown, Dark Brown

Dies:            DieNamics Pierced Rectangle Frame, Impression

                     Obsession Sea Birds, DieVersions font Hint of Lime               

No comments:

Post a Comment