Thursday, March 2, 2023

Get Well

When my friend and fellow stamper Valentina broke her wrist recently, that rather put the kibosh on any stamping fun for her for a good while.  So a get well card was in the works . . .


The floral image is part of a bundle containing a layered stencil set, die, and a stamp set.  Sometimes these bundles even include an embossing folder.  I am over the moon about these new collections as they contain everything needed to create a large variety of lovely layouts in small amounts of time.

The flower centers on this card are embellished with mini beads – a very pretty enhancement I stopped using for several years as I couldn’t figure out how to permanently adhere them.  Glues I’d always liked using for other tasks weren’t up to the challenge of getting these tiny round things to stay put.  But now I’ve found that Glossy Accents is a real powerhouse! 

I squeeze on enough to make a very small mound and then add the beads.  I push them down into the glue which then partly surrounds the beads and holds them in a death grip.  I’ve got a drawer full of these beads and will undoubtedly be using them on most of my creations for years to come . . .

Cardstock:   Bazzill Saltillo, Canson Mixed Media #98, Scrap Black          

Stamps:        Pink Fresh Floral Notes

Inks:              Superior India Ink Black, Distress Rustic Wilderness,

Crackling Campfire, Scattered Straw

Dies:             Pink Fresh Floral Notes, Paper Smooches Get Well 

                      Phrase            

Stencil:         Pink Fresh Floral Notes

Doo Dads:    Micro Beads Gold, Inkssentials Enamel Accents Black

No comments:

Post a Comment