Thursday, April 1, 2021

Engineer

With two mechanical engineers in the family, and several practitioners of the trade as friends, I am very familiar with the species - and I have full admiration for the profession.  That's not to say we can't have a little fun with it . . .


An image of some technical drawings set the tone, along with a collection of die cut gears.  I did a little experiment with the embossed gravel design panel at the bottom:  after dry embossing the design, I skimmed a Distress ink pad lightly over the surface.  I waited a few minutes for much of it to dry, and then dusted on some Clear embossing powder and heated it.  I was after the occasional glint you get from mica in rocks, and happily, that's exactly what I got!  Of course, the camera is not likely to capture the subtleties of my efforts, but in real life, I'm happy with how it turned out. 

For me, the delight is indeed in the details . . .

 

Cardstock:   Bazzill Raven, Neenah Desert Storm, Marco’s Stardream

                     Cover Copper,  The Paper Cut Orion Variety Silver, The

                     Paper Company Gold Metallic Text

Stamps:       Hero Formula Fun

Inks:             Hero Black, Distress Black Soot

Emb Pwdr:  Vippies Transcendence

Dies:            Tim Holtz Gearhead, Goodculler Stitched Rectangles             

Doo Dads:    Wink of Stella Gold

Emb Fldr:    Paper Discovery Ornamental Gravel, Spellbinders Blistered 

No comments:

Post a Comment