Thursday, April 8, 2021

Birthday

I'm going to be stuck on gatefolds for awhile, folks - I'm having such a wonderful time with this style!  Here's another version with the same die used on my previous post . . .


This one uses Asian-themed pre-printed papers which are very thin.  In order to give them some added body and substance, I cut freezer paper to the same size as the Asian paper I'm layering.  Then I place the back of the Asian paper onto the shiny side of the freezer paper.  This goes between two sheets of typing paper to protect the ironing board and the iron from any waxy seepage.  I then iron in circular motions on a medium setting.  It takes 5-10 seconds to melt and fuse.  The result is a sturdy piece of paper that die cuts easily.

The one drawback to gatefold cards is that in the closed position, they are hard to prop up for display.  A decorated belly band is part of the whole composition and it would be nice to display it that way.  So a die cut easel made from sturdy cardstock is an option.  There are a few easel dies on the market, but I do wish there were more choices . . .  the available designs could use some structural improvement and so could the hefty prices . . .

 

Cardstock:   Bazzill Jubilee, Asian Designer paper, Hanko Echisen

                     Gold 

Inks:             VersaMark

Emb Pwdr:  Ranger Gold

Dies:            Creative Craft Curvy Gatefold, Papertrey Ink Swoosh

                     Set: “Birthday”

Doo Dads:    Stampendous stickers Geo Shapes Gold  

No comments:

Post a Comment