Thursday, February 14, 2019

Thank You


Inspired by two blogs, this card was the result . . .


I had me a world of fun slathering on three inks and five of my favorite shimmery, glimmery enhancements - the more the merrier was the clarion call for the day.  As usual, the camera doesn't do it the remotest justice, but in real life, this thing really speaks. 

It had been awhile since I'd used any of my Nuvo Mousses and I figured that the platinum one would be just right for this card.  At first, I thought I could use my palette knife to apply a very light, random coat.  But it proved too overwhelming for the lightly gleaming look I was after.  So I used a sea sponge to press into the Mousse and then dab onto the surface.  Worked like a charm:  the textured sponge made it possible to apply a light and lacy layer randomly.  This was just the effect I wanted and I'll be doing this again on future projects.

Cardstock:   American Crafts White, Strathmore #90 Mixed Media,
                        Generic Vellum        
Stamps:       Rubber Moon “Thank You”
Inks:             Distress Stormy Sky, Tumbled Glass, Chipped Sapphire
Colorants:    Lindy’s Stamp Gang Shabby Turbine Teal, Cosmic Shimmer
                        Pixie Powder Silver Dream
Emb Powder:   Stampendous Shabby White, Vippies Transcendence
Dies:            Tim Holtz Paper Snowflakes                     
Doo Dads:    Nuvo Embellishment Mousse Pure Platinum, Metalix
                        Ultra Fine Glitter Silver        

No comments:

Post a Comment