Monday, January 16, 2017

Thank You

Having just celebrated yet another birthday, my adorable friend and stamping buddy Carol gifted me with three wonderful items:  a can of spicy sesame crunchies,  a Strathmore sketch pad of Kraft paper, and this delightful wooden elephant stamp . . .


Originally designed to stamp on fabric with various paints, these densely grained wooden images are finding their way into the stamping world.  Stamping with inks will give a distressed look as the hand carved wooden ridges won't make perfect contact with the paper.  To get more even coverage, use a soft pad underneath to maximize ink transfer.  Or, as Carol does, stamp with acrylic paints instead – making sure to clean the block right away. 

While I had hoped for much better results with this card's layout, I had a lot of fun working on it nonetheless.  Also, I'm delighted to be able to enjoy this stamp in another way:  as an art object!  It sits happily on the shelf behind my desk and sends its unique charm over my shoulder as I work.  May it help me come up with a better layout next time . . .

Cardstock:   Bazzill Raven, Strathmore Sketch Pad Toned Tan, Generic
                           scraps Red, Orange, Green
Stamps:        Wooden stamp Elephant, Rubber Baby Stone Wall
Inks:               Hero Black, Copic Warm Grey #4, Wink of Stella Black
Colored Pencils:   Inktense Poppy Red, Tangerine, Hooker’s Green
Dies:              Studio Calico Nested Rectangles, Simon Says Ribbon
                           Banner, Memory Box Alphabet Soup, Spellbinders Banner 
                           Basics Three

No comments:

Post a Comment