Thursday, December 22, 2016

Noel

With an 85-Christmas card list, I vow every year to keep it simple.  And I try . . . I really, really do.  I start out simple, and then it just grows.  Still, I think I did better this year than most other years . . .


I smooshed the blue and purple inks onto the shadow stamp, misted twice with water, and then stamped.  That was the fast part.  Then came the die cuts:  the ornament, the glittered bow overlay, and the "Noel".  All were tough to get out of the dies in one piece.  But I'm happy with the misty colors and the timeless message:

Christ is born . . . Glorify Him!

Cardstock:   Generic Textured White, The Paper Cut White Matte Coate
Stamps:        Above the Mark Abbey Music, my own Deckle Edge Shadow
                           Stamp made from a sheet of plumber's gasket rubber
Inks:               ColorBox Frost White, Distress Chipped Sapphire, Dusty
                           Concord, Wink of Stella Clear
Emb Powder:   Judikins Detail White, Vippies Transcendence
Dies:              DieNamics Wonky Stitch Rectangle Stax, DieVersions Nativity
                           Ornament, Tim Holtz Holiday Words: Script “Noel”
Doo Dads:    Past Time Stamps Multi Ultra Fine Glitter



No comments:

Post a Comment