Monday, December 12, 2016

Asparagus

Due to holiday-related feelings of nostalgia, plus a huge time crunch even bigger than usual, I am going to re-visit a few favorite cards while I scramble to catch up.  As I've been on an asparagus kick lately, I thought I'd start with this one . . .


 Usually when adding a bow to a project, I simply tie it and then glue it down.  This time, I cut narrow slits with my X-Acto alongside the asparagus and threaded the ribbon through the slits.  So the asparagus bunch really is tied up which gives it a much more authentic look, although it may not be evident in the picture.

Cardstock:   Generic Textured Sage, Burgundy, Beckett Candlelight                                 
Stamps:        PSX Asparagus                              
Inks:               ColorBox Black, acrylic paint spatter Black
Emb Powder:   Judikins Detail Black
Colored Pencils:   Prisma Dark Green, Olive Green, Tuscan Red
Doo Dads:    Burgundy ribbon, crimper, Gamsol to blend the Prismas

No comments:

Post a Comment