Thursday, November 12, 2015

Justin is 5!

As a former TWA Flight Attendant, I'm always happy to come across aviation-related images that I can use to send cards to my airline friends.  However, this adorable airplane die cut went on its maiden voyage to an equally adorable 5 year old . . .


Once in awhile, I forget to work on the background until after I've stamped the foreground images.  On this card, the trees were in place against a naked white sky.  Not good.  Since I had nothing to lose if it didn't work, I decided to sponge on the sky with a light blue ink, starting at the top and swirling my way down into the trees.  It worked!  The trees are still green and I got the dark-to-light effect I was after.

I really love it when I can bail myself out after screwing up . . .

Cardstock:   The Paper Cut White Matte Coat, Generic scraps Silver,
                           Red, Green
Stamps:        Stampin’ Up Evergreens
Inks:               Ancient Page Pine, Distress Weathered Wood
Dies:              Impression Obsession Plane with Banner, Fiskars
                           punches Clouds, DieVersions letters Hint of Lime,
                           Tim Holtz Alphanumeric: “5”


1 comment: