Monday, October 5, 2015

Beloved, Treasure, Forever

This is the card I gave my husband on our 22nd anniversary earlier this year . . .


Along with the small flowers on the right, I'd planned to keep the background white.  But the flowers were lost in too much white and needed a bit of contrast to set them off.  So I picked the lightest shade of gray I had in my Copic marker stash, colored in most of the background, and with a little shading to make the white flowers look fresh, I got the subtle results I was after.  Yay!
 
Cardstock:   Bazzill Pauly Poo, The Paper Cut Watercolor paper
Stamps:        Dreams Come True Sketched Floral, Starving Artistamps
                           Mini Positive Words: Forever, Treasure, Beloved”
Inks:               ColorBox Black
Emb Powder:   Judikins Detail Black
Dies:              Lil Inkers Stitched Mats: Rectangles
Watercolors:     Peerless Forget Me Not Blue, Cobalt Blue, Marigold Yellow,  
                                Chrome Orange, Hunter’s Green, Amethyst
Markers:        Copic E40 Brick White
Doo Dads:    Gelly Roll Clear Star
MSG:  Studio G “Happily ever after” White emb


No comments:

Post a Comment