Thursday, October 22, 2015

Awesome Day

There are two cards on this post so be sure to scroll down.  I broke out my colored die powders – in this case, Bisters – and had more of the fun I always have with these.  The first card features Parson's "Egyptian Fans" image.  The results pleased me so much that I was late in sending it out!  I was having way too much fun gazing at it repeatedly and the time just slipped by without my noticing . . .


I used the same materials for the second card, but changed out the image.  For both cards, I cut the watercolor cardstock to size and stamped and embossed the images first.  Then I brushed water onto the paper and immediately dusted on the dye powders.  I re-misted and moved color around where needed with my finger and then heat dried.  A little Wink of Stella for sparkle among the fans and the leaves and . . . done! 


 I'll never tire of these wonderful powders!

Cardstock:   Bazzill Jade, Strathmore #90 Watercolor paper
Stamps:        Parsons Egyptian Fans, Judikins Bismark Palm, Simon
                           Says Tilted Banner Sayings: “Hope your day is awesome”,
                           Starving Artistamps Mini Positive Words: “Explore, Discover,
                           Nurture”
Inks:               ColorBox Black, Bister powders Natural, Green
Emb Powder:   Judikins Detail Black
Markers:        Copic E84 Khaki
Dies:              Lil Inkers Stitched Mats Rectangles, Simon Says
                           Tilted Banners
Doo Dads:    Wink of Stella Clear


No comments:

Post a Comment