Thursday, July 30, 2015

May You Find Comfort

Recently, I saw a card that used the surrounding space instead of the die cut itself as a major part of the design.  I liked the look so much I played with the idea myself . . .



I first cut the stitched edge layer and then die cut with the Leafy Flourish.  I backed it with a single layer of cardstock to add a little dimensional lift.  A few mail-able flat layers of leaves and flowers and this peaceful card is pretty much done. 

Cardstock:   Bazzill Cocoa, Leapfrog, Generic watercolor paper
Stamps:        Inkadinkado “May you find comfort . . .”
Inks:               Archival Fern Green, Distress Peeled Paint
Emb Powder:   Vippies Transcendence
Dies:              Mama Elephant Femme Frames, My Favorite Things
                           Leafy Flourish, Marianne Creatables Flower and Leaf
                           Hero Small Tag Frame
Doo Dads:    Distress Stickles Antique Linen




No comments:

Post a Comment