Monday, July 13, 2015

Birthday Wishes

While I do love shine, glitter, and glitz, lately I've been on a quest for non-shiny embossing powder.  I love the added options you get with the more subtle look of a non-shiny embossed finish, especially with vintage and distressed looks.  The WOW company has a fabulous Clear Matte Dull that works beautifully and I've been writing them in hopes they'll consider adding White, Black, Kraft, and Cream matte finishes to their line of fabulous powders.  In the meanwhile, I've discovered Ranger's Antiquities Weathered White . . .


 The butterflies were done with this powder and I love the loose and lacy look they have.  I'm also super-pleased with the way the strips along the right and left sides turned out!  They were trimmings from cutting down the background layer and I hated to waste them.  I think the slightly lighter coloration is what makes this look work . . .

Cardstock:   The Paper Cut Eames White, Strathmore #90 Watercolor
                           paper
Stamps:        Imagiart Bold Elegant Butterfly, Large, Bold Rough Cut Butterfly,
                           Small, Bold Sideways Butterfly, Limited Edition Script 2, 
                           Starving Artistamps Motion Trail, Memory Box Fun Firefly 
                           (motion trail), Too Much Fun “May all your birthday wishes 
                           come true”
Inks:               ColorBox Frost White, Black, Hero Black, Distress Dusty
                           Concord, Weathered Wood
Emb Powder:   Ranger Weathered White, Judikins Detail Black
Dies:              Spellbinders Ribbon Tags Trio
Doo Dads:    Darice hemp cord Purple, Blue, Metalix Glitter Moondust

No comments:

Post a Comment