Monday, July 20, 2015

A Marvelous Birthday

My love affair with gesso continues!  Lots of splotchy, white, textured fun for sure . . .


 My big hang-up on this layout was the honkin' huge pewter brad holding the tags together.  I wanted to go big because I sometimes think my embellishments can be a little on the timid side.  So I challenged myself by adding the brad, gluing everything down, and then stressing for an hour over what to do next. 

I tried artificial blossoms, punched flowers, buttons, floss tied into knots, floss tied into a bow, and a spiral embossed circle.  None of them worked – too bulky or just plain wrong.  Then I remembered I had several dies for flat bows and my day magically got back on track.  After using VersaMark direct-to-paper, I embossed with the same sparkly powder I used for the text and then die cut the bow.  Done!

Cardstock:   Strathmore #90 Watercolor paper, Bazzill Kachina
Stamps:        Inkadinkado “Wishing you a simply marvelous birthday”
Inks:               Stamp Zia Malachite, Obsidian, Versamark
Emb Powder:   Stamp A Mania Desert Night
Dies:              Papertrey Ink Tag Sale #9, La La Land Pretty Poinsettia,
                           Impression Obsession Small Bow
Doo Dads:    Gesso, Antique Silver nailheads, Stampin’ Up Pewter brad,
                           Gelly Roll Clear Star


No comments:

Post a Comment