Thursday, April 30, 2015

Congratulations

Inspired by a lovely card by blogger Holly Endress HERE, I decided to give her idea a try.  She stamped a feather in Distress Black Soot and then pulled some of the black outlines in with a water brush, after which she added several shades of brown . . .


 Her feather image was an open, much looser design than the one I have, and with the thicker lines in her stamp, the shading effects were much more pronounced.    My version falls short of the effect I was after, but I will be trying this with other designs that are not so intricate.  I think this change will make a big difference with the results on my next attempt.  Back to the drawing stamping board!

Cardstock:   Generic Dark Brown, The Paper Cut watercolor paper,
                          Neenah Solar White
Stamps:        Close to My Heart Feathers, Club Scrap “Congratulations!”
Inks:               Distress Black Soot, Brushed Corduroy, Walnut Stain,
                           ColorBox Black, Inkssentials White pen
Emb Powder:   Stampendous Shabby White, Judikins Detail Black
Dies:              Spellbinders Deckled Rectangles Small/Large
Impr Plate:    Papertrey Ink Herringbone
Doo Dads:    Woven jute ribbon, Tulip Hot Fix Jewels


No comments:

Post a Comment