Thursday, April 16, 2015

A Bouquet of Wishes

Inspired by an embossed resist technique I learned about from Split Coast Stampers, I decided to give it a try with one of the French dictionary pages I was given earlier this year.  I applied gesso to one side and was prepared to stamp over the gesso.  But it was so opaque that none of the text was visible – which was supposed to be part of the design.  So I turned it over and used the other side instead . . .

 The problem is that the gesso-covered text was now visible from the other side.  I decided to regard it as texture and went ahead anyway.  I stamped the lilies and clear embossed.  Then I sponged over them with the three colors of Distress inks.  I like the results but I'm going to repeat this method without the gesso and see if I can keep the text visible on one side only.

Cardstock:   Generic Orchid, Cream, French dictionary page
Stamps:        Hero Lily Silhouette, Too Much Fun “A bouquet of wishes…”
Inks:               VersaMark, Distress Dusty Concord, Faded Jeans,
                           Tumbled Glass, Brushed Corduroy
Emb Powder:   Ranger Super Fine Detail Clear
Dies:              Tim Holtz Tattered Banners, Memory Box Grove Branch
Doo Dads:    Bonnie’s Best Metal Corners Cutout Bright Antique
                           Copper, Craf-T Products Copper Rub-Ons,
                           Ivory jute

No comments:

Post a Comment