Thursday, April 23, 2015

WOO HOO!

I'm having a wonderful time with Lindy's Stamp Gang powders from their Magical line.  These are dried dye inks in powdered form which can be stirred into any water soluble medium to add color.  My favorite way of using them is to wet some cardstock, then pick up some of the powder with a dry brush and tap it onto the wet cardstock.  The wetter the cardstock, the more the color wicks out into wonderful random patterns.  You can use a fine spray mister to add more water if needed.  The results are always unpredictable,  which I think is half the fun . . .


My second tip of the day involves the "WOO HOO!" sentiment.  I felt the card needed something fun in the upper left corner and was mulling over various text options.  I absolutely love word stamps and have collected more than I'm going to admit to.  With numerous clear and cling sets having multiple text images, it was impossible to remember what words or phrases I had in my stash.  So, last year, I made a chart and typed every word and phrase I owned, and then ran an alpha sort.  I listed the manufacturer and the type (clear/cling/wood) so I'd know what section of my stamp storage I was looking for.  As new word stamps are acquired, it's easy to add them to the list, as this list is never printed out but rather kept in my computer.

It took a couple of days and was worth every minute.  Case in point is this card:  I thought it would be fun to stick a "WOO HOO" in that corner but had no idea if I had such a stamp.  Enter the list . . . found the phrase, stamped it, and done!

Cardstock:   American Crafts Primaries: Raspberry
Stamps:        Unity Damn, you’re old! set: cake and text, Impress Small
                           Dotted Flourish, Stampin’ Up Just Sayin’ “Woo Hoo!”
Inks:               ColorBox Frost White, Lindy’s Stamp Gang  Magical
                           Hibiscus Rose, Mango Mania, Orange Creamsicle,     
                           Pineapple Paradise, Gelatos Fuchsia, Banana,
                           Orange, Distress Picked Raspberries,
                           Spiced Marmalade, Mustard Seed
Emb Powder:  Judikins Opaque White
Dies:              Spellbinders Medallion Two, Sizzix Speech Bubble  
Doo Dads:    Silver thread




No comments:

Post a Comment