Thursday, August 28, 2014

Awesome Day!



At Summerfest – an annual vegan conference usually held in Johnstown PA – I have the privilege of working alongside some of the most wonderful people I have ever known.  My usual job centers around Registration where I get to work with Roz, a  remarkable young woman who really is one of the world’s truly irreplaceable souls.  As my husband’s health remains a little on the iffy side, unfortunately, I wasn’t  able to attend this year.  

I missed Roz as much as I missed the conference . . .


The background is one of those startling revelations that lurk within the stamping world and then pop up every now and then to surprise us all.  I used three distinct flower shapes for the background and I defy any of my readers to be able to actually pick out even one!  These were solid images which sort of morphed into becoming used as shadow stamps, so they wound up as soft areas of color rather than recognizable flowers.  I like the result, even though it wasn’t what I was after, and will probably drive myself crazy trying to make it happen again for other cards in future . . .

Cardstock:    Generic textured White, American Crafts Bright Pink,
                          Watercolor paper
Stamps:         Hero Azalea Blossom, Rubber Stampede Periwinkle Blossom,
                          Cosmos Blossom, Chicken Wire, Raindrops on Roses
                          Texture, The Stamp Bug Squiggles, Simon Says
                          Tilted Banners Hope your day is awesome!”
Inks:                Sea Shells Tropical Raspberry, Sea Brights Bikini Pink,
                           Adirondack Wild Plum, ColorBox Frost White
Emb Powder:  Judikins Opaque White, Stamp Zia White Sparkle
Dies:               Memory Box Prim Poppy, Simon Says Tilted Banners
Doo Dads:      Perfect Pearls spray mist



No comments:

Post a Comment