Thursday, February 13, 2014

Flowers

Some of the most-used words during my rubber stamping pursuits are:  “What would happen if I tried . . .”, followed immediately by journeys of exploration and discovery.  My first attempt with this lovely stamp was to color it in with Pearl Ex and a Dove Blender pen.  This technique usually gets me great results – however, not so this time.  So, I queried, what would happen if I just tried splotching around with some Distress Stains in a rather non-determinant artsy-fartsy style?  I found out . . .


 
After splotching, I misted with water to blend just a bit, heat dried, and then without using any ink, I sprinkled tiny pinches of White UTEE here and there and heated from below so that the UTEE wouldn’t get blown off.  I’m happy with the results which are completely out of my normal anal comfort zone, and expect that there will be a good deal of splotching around in my future!

 Cardstock:          Bazzill Ocean, Purple, Beckett Moonlight
Stamps:                Hero Delicate Blossoms, Stampin’ Up Itty Bitty
                                     Backgrounds, Serendipity “Flowers”
Inks:                      Distress Concord Grape, Faded Jeans,
                                     ColorBox Black
Emb Powder:       Judikins Detail Black, UTEE White
Dies:                     Spellbinders Classic Ovals
Doo Dads:            Perfect Pearls Mist, Purple pearls, Turquoise fibers,
                                    Gelly Roll Clear Star

 

No comments:

Post a Comment