Monday, February 10, 2014

Peace

Texture, texture, texture . . . I can’t live without it!  I was a very small child when I first saw a picture of Rodin’s The Kiss in our family’s Encyclopedia Britannica.  Once I got past the idea that I was looking at naked people, I absolutely flipped over the contrast in textures between the smooth bodies and the rough base.  Ever since, I have sought this contrast in all of my work . . .

 

 . . . of course, as a texture freak, there are times when I use way more texture than smooth, as in this card.  I do want people to have fun picking up my cards and running their fingers over the surfaces.  But texture needn’t always be tactile:  visual texture can be very effectively achieved by using a variety of patterns and colors.  However, nothing beats touch in my book . . .

 Cardstock:            Generic Oatmeal, textured Deep Purple,
                                    Marcos Jute
Stamps:                Fiskars brayer Mesh, Hero Peace Border
Inks:                     Distress Old Paper
Chalk:                    Pan Pastel Violet
Emb Powder:         Vippies Transcendence
Emb Folders:         Stampin’ Up Square Lattice, Ellison
                                    Paisley Palooza
Dies:                      Wplus9 Banner Trio, two sizes Emagination
                                      Daisy punches, Floral Punch Flower Center,
                                      Marvy Butterfly punch
Doo Dads:              Gelly Roll Clear Star pen

 

No comments:

Post a Comment