Monday, November 4, 2013

Hello


While in a blue mood recently (the color – not the emotional state, thank heavens), I went foraging in my Scrap Stash and came up with the following . . .
 


 The top layer of my butterflies is vellum which I ran though an embossing folder before punching out the shapes.  This provided the two touches of white I needed for more balance in the layout.  I love what an embossing folder does to vellum and I plan to use it on larger pieces in future:  the way the design changes from translucent to a crisp chalk white is really beautiful!

Cardstock:                  Stampers Emporium Marina Teal, generic Mint paper,
                                           watercolor paper
Stamps:                       All Night Media “Hello”, Stamp a Mania Line Background
Inks:                              Distress Evergreen Bough, Broken China, Mowed Lawn
Dies/Punches:             Memory Box Prim Poppy, Spellbinders Labels Eight,
                                             McGill & Marvy Butterfly punches
Emb Folder:                Lifestyle Crafts border from Happy Birthday set,
                                             Cuttlebug Herringbone          
Doo Dads:                 Gelly Roll Clear Star pen

No comments:

Post a Comment