Thursday, November 14, 2013

Thanks

Once upon a time, it dawned on me that I could enjoy the aftermath of the Christmas hassle a lot more if I had my thank you cards made up ahead of time.  Then all I had to do was write the note and DONE!  So I pulled out several cards from a fabulous Memory Box class on coloring that I took at the Creative Corner in Glen Spey NY a few years ago.  The class was packed with truly useful ideas and I wound up paying more attention to the techniques than I did on getting the cards actually put together.  I’ve decided that this is a good thing:  bringing my cards home unassembled means I can do better work unhurried at home, and I can also put something more of my own spin on the cards.  Such as with this one . . .

 
This card began with just the card base and the colored focal point.  I decided on the Square Lattice embossing folder for the background because it looks a lot like a cozy knitted sweater which really goes with winter-themed cards.  A diecut frame and a few other doo dads later, and here we are . . . ready to tackle those pesky Thank You’s!

Four more examples are comin’ up – brace yourselves . . .

Cardstock:    Memory Box Wassail, Generic Parchment, watercolor paper
Stamps:         Memory Box Bird with Holly, Amy’s Magic Leaf, Too Much
                                Fun “Thanks”
Inks:               Archival Jet Black, Distress Brushed Corduroy, Gelly Roll
                                Clear Star                                    
Colored Pencils:   Prisma
Dies/Punches:  Spellbinders Classic Frame, Tags Trio
Emb Folder:  Stampin’ Up Square Lattice         
Doo Dads:     1/8” Burgundy ribbon, Cream brads     

 

No comments:

Post a Comment